Pets lost after Omaha house fire

Several pets inside an Omaha home died after a fire Tuesday morning. Devin Cannon lives across the street and his wife woke him up around 7:30 with the news. Cannon ran across the street to see what he could do to help. A woman and a child who lived in the home were outside. He says the woman told him she had left the stove on.
Fire officials say the blaze started in the kitchen. There was concern the fire would travel up the wall into the attic so they attacked the fire from the second floor as well. There is damage throughout the home. The Red Cross is helping the woman and child with living arrangements and other necessities.
There were several pets inside the home and they did not survive the blaze.